For those of you who don't already know, Nanowrimo, that is National Novel Writing Month, is an annual challenge to write 50,000 words of fiction in one 30 day month. Originally only in November, the Camp Nanowrimo program has spread the event to June and August as well. To give the participants a little more motivation, Angrykittykj came up with the great idea of having badges for the participants in Camp Nanowrimo to earn through achievements in writing and participation in the Nanowrimo community. This site is to serve as a place for anyone who would like to earn these badges to view the current list, get images of the badges they've earned, share with everyone when they have earned one, and get any questions or ideas they might have about the badges answered. I hope you enjoy. :)

IMPORTANT!!! READ ME!!!

IMPORTANT!!! READ ME!!!!
On these pages you will find details and rules for what exactly needs to be done in order to earn each of the badges developed and compiled by the lovely people on the Nanowrimo forums, but to use a famous quote, they're more like guidelines than actual rules. They are for people who like to know exactly what is needed and when, people like me who like to have rules to follow for things like this. If this is not you, then don't worry about them. Like the actual Nanowrimo event, these badges are a matter of personal accomplishment, and if you do not need to follow the rules I typed up in order to feel accomplished, then feel free to interpret the badges as you see best. There are a few places in here where it is implied that not doing things according to what's written there is cheating. I can assure you that this is due entirely to laziness on my part, specifically being too lazy to think of a better way of putting it. If you feel like you deserve the badges you award yourself, then you do. The only way you can possibly cheat here is if you feel like you are cheating yourself. Just like the wonderful Office of Letters and Light, we not only accept rebels here, we encourage them. Seriously, we even have a few badges just for you guys.

Modern


All those long hours counting all your words one by one are a thing of the past! Most writing software comes with word counting capabilities so type up your work and let The Machines do the counting for you (just don't yield to their Overlord).  Or you can do it yourself. But, counting or not, you'll need to write at least 1000 words in some kind of electrically powered format, be it computer, i-pad, smart phone, or typewriter, to earn this badge. This badge can be earned at any time during any of the Nanowrimo events, with or without any other badges.

Idea: Clixe
Pic: me
Lower pic: Mayasennara

11 comments:

  1. Got it! On a computer, just got 1134 words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Managed it. Got way over it but then I'm planning to do it mostly on the computer anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.campnanowrimo.org/campers/tabers to link it (Can't believe I didn't realise before I sent it)

      Delete
  3. I got this one last night, totally forgot about it. But claiming it now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Badge earned! (Well, last night, but I forgot about it until now. Whoops...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Done - on laptop.

    Nearly at 2k, aiming for 4 before the day is out.
    http://www.campnanowrimo.org/campers/outasync

    ReplyDelete
  6. Badge earned! I will be writing my whole novel on the computer so this one was easy. Earning the old fashioned one will be a bit hard for me. I'm a slow hand writer but a fast typer so I always prefer writing with the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got it! My username is StrawberryAutopsy on the NaNo Website. Be sure to check out our nano tinychat (tinychat.com/wrimo)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Achieved! I forgot about this one - I'm writing on the laptop. But I'm going to aim for the old fashioned badge as well just for fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Got it! :D

    All of my 5K so far has been on the computer. ;)

    ReplyDelete